The Never Ending Adventures of Running and Trying to be Better at it
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Liebster Award and 10 Questions
Awesome. I was nominated for my first blog award by Lou @ Running Through China. You should check out her blog as she runs through China, teaches English and explores all that China has to offer.
Liebster award rules.
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Answer the 10 questions from the nominee.
4. Copy & Paste the award to your blog.
5. Nominate 10 of your favorite blogs.
6. Create 10 questions for the new nominees.
7. Inform them of their nomination.
This seems like a fun way to share a little about myself and learn more about my fellow bloggers. Here are the questions that Lou asked of me.
1. Do you remember why you started running, and when this was?
Well, I started running regularly while I was in the military. After I got out I stopped doing exercise of any kind and gained a lot of weight. I didn't really take running seriously until a couple of years ago to lose weight and to get back into shape. I now have lost over 100lbs. Woo-hoo!
2. What’s your favourite post workout meal or snack?
If it is morning I don't eat before my workouts. So post workout I love to eat cereal and fruit.
3. If you could rewind to any age or point in time right now, what would it be?
I don't know. I suppose I would like to go back to my High School age with the confidence, knowledge, and self esteem that I have now. I am sure I wasted too much energy in worrying about what others thought and not living life to the fullest.
4. Do you have a favourite song? Or top 3?
I probably can't choose specific songs. Top 3 bands right now would be Vampire Weekend, Linkin Park, and Far East Movement. My favorites change with the mood and the activity though. lol.
5. Party drugs in your youth – yay or nay?
Nope, I am one of the only people I know that have never done any "party" or illegal, or recreational drugs. I actually haven't even tried a cigarette. I guess I am pretty plain.
6.What is your biggest fitness motivation?
At first my motivation was to lose weight. Now it is to get better and push the limits of how fast and far I can run.
7. Ever not quite feel real?
Umm, I don't think so. Not sure what you mean though.
8. What 3 things bring you the most joy in life?
Running, family, and watching my sports teams. Oops, I probably should put family first in the list before anyone sees this. :)
9. Ever try any crazy 'fad' diet, such as Atkins, the baby food diet etc.?
No, I just reduced my calories and increased my activity. The website Myfitnesspal.com was a big help with that. I have been intrigued with Zach Bitter and his ketogenic similar diet though. But I don't think I can stop eating pizza, pasta, and my breakfast cereals though.
10. What’s your biggest goal that you are working on right now?
Well, because I am still fairly new to running. I have multiple big goals. The one I am currently working on for 2014 is running my first marathon.
Alright, I hope I wasn't getting graded because I think I failed. ;)